Having read through the recent controversial letters debating the truth or falsehood of the Protestant and Roman Catholic faiths as posted on the Take Heed Protestant guestbook, I ask these questions:
(1) If God is love, who loves and tolerates all people of all faiths, then why on earth is there eternal punishment promised, with no possibility of reprieve or let up, especially for those who take the Mark of the Beast?
(2) If the Mark of the Beast is administered via the right hand and forehead, described in the Revelation, why on earth does the Roman Catholic Church use this same method for signing the sign of the cross in all its rituals and blessings?
(3) If, in the Roman Catholic Latin Bible, the 'mark' - as in 'Mark' of the Beast - is translated characterem, why on earth did she use the identical Latin word - characterem - when describing the indelible 'mark' given in her sacraments of baptism, confirmation and holy orders?
(4) If the City of 7 Hills, Rome, is identified in the Revelation as the headquarters of the false church, the Mother of all Harlots, doomed to damnation by the infallible word of prophecy, why on earth did the Roman Catholic Church choose that site for her Holy See and Pontificate?
(5) If the beast from the earth, the false prophet doomed to damnation, is depicted as having two horns like the Lamb, Jesus, why on earth do the Roman Catholic bishops and Pontiff wear two-horned miters?
(6) If the false church, doomed to damnation, her capital in Rome, is named Mother, why on earth do Roman Catholics call her holy Mother, the church?
(7) If the false church, doomed to damnation, whose dominance, sway and authority is worldwide as described in the Revelation, why on earth did the Church of Rome call herself 'Catholic,' which means 'universal,' comprehending the whole world?
(8) If the false church, doomed to damnation, is depicted clothed in purple and scarlet in the Revelation, why on earth did the Roman Catholic Church choose those colors for her Pope, Cardinals and bishops?
(9) If the false church, doomed to damnation, is portrayed in the Revelation as wealthy beyond belief, wearing costly gold and precious stones and pearls, why on earth is the Roman Catholic Church the richest institution, whose wealth is incalculable?
(10) If, in the Revelation, the false church, doomed to damnation, is seen drinking the blood of the martyrs of Jesus in a golden cup, why on earth did the Roman Catholic Church spill the innocent blood of the true Christians who refused to partake the cup of the Mass, which of necessity must also be golden in its interior, if not its exterior?
(11) If the word of prophecy warned 1st century Christians of the coming Antichrist, why on earth did the Pope claim to be the Vicar of Christ when this title, translated into the Greek, is 'ANTICHRIST'?
I believe there can be only one explanation: The Roman Catholic Church is that false church foretold unto destruction, and her Pontiff the very Antichrist, whose predestined end is the Lake of Fire. Those who remain in her, no matter how kind, considerate and religious, are doomed to the same fate.
That would include the Order of Preachers who carry God's eternal curse for preaching another gospel.
P. S. The early church councils which enumerated the doctrine of the Trinity were Greek councils, comprised of nearly all Greek bishops. The Roman Pontiff was nowhere to be found.
Protestant Reformation Publications
What is your name? Catholic Christian
Do you have any comments?
The diabolical and perverted opinions of Rand Winburn will be dealt with thoroughly in due course.
What is your name? Fr Patrick McCafferty
Where are you from? Sacred Heart Parish, Belfast 14
Do you have any comments?
I have been made aware of Rand Winburn's comments. This is a reply
to each of his eleven points..
(3) Why on earth should the Church not use the Latin word for 'Mark'?
A word is a description of something. A 'Mark' can be a good thing as
well as something bad. In the Sacraments of Baptism, Confirmation and
Ordination, an indelible character is imprinted on the soul - it is
God's Mark of ownership on us.
9. This business about the Catholic Church's wealth is just nonsense. A few years ago the Vatican State was in debt. My own parish is far from wealthy. The "wealth" of the Church is mostly priceless works of art that are part of the human races culture.
(10) Mr Winburn should be aware that the
innocent blood of many Catholic Christians, bishops, priests and laity,
was spilt in persecutions of the Catholic Church because they refused
to abandon the True faith of the Church in the Holy Eucharist. Writing
in the First Century, St Ignatius of Antioch affirmed: "the Eucharist
is the True Flesh of our Saviour, Jesus Christ".